The Docket is the place to go to find the Uniform Standards, Operating Procedures, and other documents moving through the rulemaking process. An item is placed on the Docket after the associated Committee has completed its work on a new or an amended Uniform Standard, Operating Procedure, or Bylaw, and recommended it to the Management Committee, who voted to commence the rulemaking process. The rulemaking process is the last stage of development of a new measure, be it a new or amended Uniform Standard, Operating Procedure, or Bylaw.
The new or amended Uniform Standard, Operating Procedure, or Bylaw remains on the Docket until the Commission considers final action on the item. Note: A recommendation that a Committee is preparing for the Management Committee can be found on the Committee’s respective webpage.
The Docket is searchable using the following types, or a combination of the types. Users can also search using a keyword.
- Type of Document (Uniform Standard, Bylaws, Operating Procedures, and Other),
- Type of Rulemaking (Rulemaking, Annual Prioritization, and Five-Year Review), and
- Status (Estimated date of final action, Open written comment period, and Scheduled public hearing).
Within an individual entry on the Docket, users can find several pieces of information:
- The document under review.
- The subject matter of the new or amended Uniform Standard, Operating Procedure, or Bylaw.
- Important dates related to the entry: Date Issued, Hearing Date, and Comments Due.
- Any applicable Committee Memoranda, such as Transmittal Memos, Briefing Sheets, etc.
- Comments submitted during the comment period.
- Any other information that may pertain to the entry.
If a particular entry is considered with other entries, users will see a “Related Amendment” field at the bottom of the screen. This allows users to easily jump from one entry to another without having to go back to the landing page. This will not appear if an entry is considered without accompanying entries; for example, if there is an amendment to only one Uniform Standard under consideration, the “Related Amendment” field will not appear.